Sunday 8 September 2013

Working Week: Outfit of the Day

Before I get into my outfits too much, I think it's not a bad idea to set the scene for my working week.

I run a medium sized private company in the health industry. I don't want to be overly specific because I don't believe it's necessary and this blog has nothing to do with my working life - if anything, this blog is kind of an escape from my working life! Basically, I work in an office and I have a great deal of freedom in what I wear.

What I wear to work varies from day to day. If I have a lot of meetings, I will tend to go for a very traditional look: black dress or pencil skirt and blouse, black pumps, suit jacket or blazer and classic handbag.

Black and marigold:
Skirt: Carl Kapp
Blouse: Joie
Shoes: Bally Clea pumps
Belt: YSL black patent square buckle
Bag: Anya Hindmarch Carker

Other days when I might be running around to various appointments or just overseeing the day to day, I like the fact that I have the freedom to scale things back to a fairly simply, practical look: neat blouse or top, comfortable black trousers and flats or loafers.

Marcs navy and ivory jersey top
Country Road black skinny trousers
Tods tan loafers

Michael Kors Skorpios hobo in chocolate leather

My feet look very far away in this shot...

Today I have a fair bit of running around to do outside  of the office but no meetings so I'm actually very relaxed. These shoes are classic Tod's loafers which I have had for years but haven't worn for a very long time - I love it when you get to bust something out of your closet that you haven't worn in ages :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment