Sunday 13 April 2014

Working Week: Monochrome Monday

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was a little up and down, we went for a nice drive on Saturday with my mum but then she was quite unwell on Sunday so that was a bit stressful.  Isn't is funny how we expect our parents to always be fit and healthy?

I'm back at work for Monday and feeling a little sombre but I wanted to go for a very polished look:


 
Top: Country Road
Pants: Maxmara
Jacket: Country Road
Shoes: Bally
Bag: Hermes
My jacket is from Country Road last season and there was a heavy influence on pleated detailing and peplum-effects. I find Country Road has some quite well-made items that are reasonably priced and they usually sprinkle a goodly amount of trend-influence through the stock.  This jacket is one of two I ended up buying, this one in the ivory and another slightly different style in black. 

The ivory jacket with the camel patent pumps provide a neat neutral contrast to lift the black.  The top is also from Country Road and also has a peplum/skirting detail from  the waist. It's cut in very subtly at the shoulders which again modernises the look.

Altogether, I'm very happy to continue with peplum and pleating-details in my wardrobe, I find it quite flattering for my curvy figure. It also lends fun to outfits that could otherwise be a bit boring.

I hope you all have good weeks before Easter :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment