Wednesday 28 May 2014

Crisp cream blazer

Hoping for a quiet-ish Thursday so I can work up some marketing materials we have pending:

Top: Witchery
Pants: Country Road
Blazer: Maxmara
Flats: Nine West
Bag: Anya Hindmarch

Skinny jeans, blazer and flats: my kind of relaxed work outfit. I especially love paring my Country Road navy skinny jeans with this gorgeous cream/ivory blazer from  Maxmara. I've had it for years. It originally had two buttons, which made the proportions a bit odd. Not to mention, the first button was right over the bust, which presented its own unflattering challenges.  I took it to a tailor and had them take out the top button, close the hole and also shorten the sleeves slightly. The single button is more flattering and makes the piece so much more wearable.

The look and colour combo is quite preppy, but the ballet flats and the zip detailing on the jeans keep it modern and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment