Tuesday 3 June 2014

Poppy red Wednesday

The weather is odd at the moment, as though it can't make up its mind what to be.  Yesterday we woke to low-lying cloud and chills. This morning, it's blazing sunshine and quite warm. It just goes to show why there's no point putting clothes away by season in Queensland - you'll need a coat the week after you pack your winter woollies away, and as soon as your swim suits are stowed for the year, the mercury will head north again with a vengeance.

This morning I chose what I call 'deconstructed suiting':

Top: Saba
Pants: Country Road
Blazer: Witchery
Heels: Bally
Bag: LV

I love this top, it's a brilliant pop of colour for when I want a mid-week boost. It's not a traditional suit, the pants are Country Road and I've paired them with a Witchery blazer, but the cuts and fabrics all work together.  I love a cigarette leg black pant for a crisp corporate look. The cut of the top is versatile, it could easily be a casual going out top, but under the blazer the primary focus is on the colour burst.

No comments:

Post a Comment