Saturday 1 November 2014

October Beauty Buys

I've been reading bridal magazines (not loads, just Vogue Bride and Bazaar Bride - it's really my only legitimate time to read these mags so I thought I might as well splurge). The beauty sections tend to include a 'countdown to the big day' piece and they all seem to start at around 6 months. So I figured with the wedding in May, my time starts now!

I'm a big fan of SKII. I don't use it all the time, but maybe once a year or so I will splurge. In anticipation of our nuptials, I thought now would be as good a time as any to pick some up while I was in town to replenish my make-up collection anyway:

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
SKII Clear Lotion
SKII Facial Treatment Mask
Lancome Hydrazen Day Cream
Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation and loose powder
I bought the Clear Lotion and the Facial Treatment Essence.  I tend to use the products on my face, décolletage and my arms - probably linked to my redhead genes, but I've always suffered from keratin plugs on my upper arms which make my skin look quite blotchy. Since I'm wearing a strapless dress for the wedding, I want to get an early start on treating this problem area and clearing it up. In addition to a gentle exfoliation every couple of days, I will be applying the Clear Lotion and allowing to sink in before adding my usual Nivea body moisturiser.  My décolletage similarly just needs to look clear and pale - no blotches or sun damage marks allowed! I'm applying 30+ SPF every day to make absolutely sure I don't get any redness or blotches, and otherwise using the Clear Lotion every morning before I moisturise.

Lucky me, I also received a gift with purchase: a Facial Treatment mask.  I really like these masks and will definitely use them in the week before the wedding. I find they make me skin feel incredibly smooth and very clear/glowing.

I also picked up some Lancome Hydra Zen Day Cream, which is my regular moisturiser and received some additional serum samples - I don't usually say yes to samples, I find they usually just clutter up my bathroom but I thought on this occasion I would be willing to try just about anything to see if I go from being me to being Rosie Huntington-Whitely...I'll keep you posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment