Saturday 22 November 2014

Work to weekend: navy skinny zip jeans



One of the (many) great things about my job is the freedom I have in respect of my working wardrobe.  I moved out of corporate law nearly 7 years ago and left the strict world of black and navy trouser and skirt suits behind.  It sounds somewhat superficial, but one of the things I found trickiest in the transition was how to dress for my new role.  Given my interest in fashion and clothes generally, I felt a bit adrift.

Obviously, I've been in the role for long enough now to feel I have well and truly cracked how 'my' working wardrobe needs to be put together.  I dress according to the occasion, rather than taking my cue from a formal office dress code. This enables me to draw in elements of my personal/individual sartorial taste, while still respecting the reality that how I dress while I'm at work affects how I am perceived by others: clients, commercial partners, subordinates. 

Looking over my blog, it's clear (I think) that, while I adore a well-cut dress, I tend to rely more heavily on trousers at work.  I favour a slender silhouette with slim-cut pants, paired with a more loosely-cut top and a jacket to pull it all together, temperature permitting of course :) 

Following my wardrobe edit and review (a full post is coming, I promise) I am finding it incredibly easy to dress in the mornings because I can see everything.  On Friday, I pulled out navy skinny zip jeans from Country Road. I haven't worn them in a while, probably because I've been enjoying my JBrand 811s, but with the weather being so hot lately, I thought a light thin cotton jean would be more comfortable:


Top: LK Bennett
Jeans: Country Road
Jacket: L'Agence
Heels: Bally
Bag: Chloe

This is a new top by LK Bennett, which I am kind of obsessed with. The UK brand just seems to make chic separates that work seamlessly with a lot of what I already own, sadly not something I can say about Australian contemporary brands. I chose the gorgeous cornflower blue jacket to add a formal element, given that I had a number of meetings to get through during the day.

I decided I loved wearing these jeans again so much that I put them together with a classic white halter top by Saba for Saturday lunch:

Top: Saba
Jeans: Country Road
Flats: Nine West
Bag: Prada

The bight blue leather on this bag makes it perfect for summer weekends. Plus, it's a hobo and we all know how much I like those for weekends and throwing lots of stuff in :) xo



No comments:

Post a Comment