Sunday 7 December 2014

New obsessions for summer

Country Road Zelda sandals


Probably unsurprisingly but being in Chicago in sub-zero temps seriously sharpened my appetite for warm weather fashions. Summer entertaining calls for bejewelled slides, sleek monochrome separates and a generally pared-back look that leaves you free to enjoy yourself and be either a scintillating guest or the unflappable hostess :)

1. Summer slides

I've picked up the jewelled slides from Country Road above with a spend-and-save (also ordered a sneaky Palo Tuberose candle which will come in handy with all the upcoming entertaining at our place - winning!) I love a statement slide that lets you show off a beautiful pedicure while also being supremely comfortable.

I'm also quite interested in the pair below from Witchery:



2. Summer jacket

I saw this ivory bomber in the Outnet clearance and thought it would be a lovely light cover up, perfect to slip over black jersey dresses when the air-con is a little too cold:



3. Camisole


This is a little bit of a gamble for me. I've been intrigued by this Witchery camisole ever since I saw it on a girl out for Friday drinks. She'd clearly come straight from work and honestly, under a blazer it just looked great and when she slipped her jacket off after her date arrived, it looked even better.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to carry it off but I'm prepared to at least experiment, perhaps over white jeans. It also comes in ivory, which would look smashing over navy skinny jeans, no?   :) xo


No comments:

Post a Comment